WORK Microwave SDM2 DVB Satellite Broadcast Modulator
WORK Microwave SDM2 DVB Satellite Broadcast Modulator
Fully compliant with DVB standards, the DVB Satellite Broadcast Modulator supports a wide range of DTH broadcast, video contribution, and distribution applications over satellite.
Through an advanced feature set, the broadcast modulator helps operators get the most out of expensive satellite bandwidth, optimize data transport, and considerably improve satellite signal quality.
Innovative features include Carrier ID, DVB-S2 multistream, TSoIP, and wideband (up to 80 Mbaud). In addition, the DVB Satellite Broadcast Modulator platform supports next-generation DVB-S2X, providing operators with a future-proof solution.
MPEG transport stream input – L-band or IF output
The modulator accepts MPEG transport streams on ASI, SPI, or TS over IP inputs from a video encoder or MPEG multiplexer and provides a DVB-S, DVB-S2 or DVB-S2X modulated carrier output between 50 to 180 MHz or L-band. Additionally a baseband frame input is available for VCM and ACM modes in combination with external multiplexers and encapsulators.
High signal integrity
Low spurious emissions make the modulator perfect for use in environments with demanding requirements, like high-power video uplinks. Sophisticated temperature compensation guarantees output stability over a very wide temperature range.
An integrated VideoACM controller provides adaptive or variable FEC and modulation setting for point-topoint or point-to-multipoint Transport Stream transmissions.
Broadcast Predistortion and Extended Predistortion – operating in the background during regular transmission – mitigates the negative effects in the filters and amplifiers of satellites by automatically compensating for linear and non linear distortions. Subsequently the satellite link can be operated with less back off/higher power and a higher signal-tonoise ratio increases beam coverage ensuring higher throughput and availability for the satellite operator.
Flexibility, backward compatibility
Mode adaptation, FEC encoding, and modulation is compliant with the DVB-S2/S2X standard ETSI EN 302307. QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK and 64APSK modulation is available. For backward compatibility, the modulator also supports BPSK, QPSK, 8PSK, 16QAM modulation according to the DVB-S standards ETSI EN 300421 and 301210. Using the modulator, carriers with very low symbol rates (e.g. 8 ksps) up to 80 Msps can be transmitted.
Operating and control – easy integration into your system
The modulator can be operated via push buttons on the front panel using intuitive display menus or via remote control (RS232, RS422/485 and TCP/IP over Ethernet). Detailed monitoring of the system status and a summary alarm output (dual change over switch contacts) are provided. For the remote control addressable, packet-based commands are used. Remote monitoring and control through SNMP, and a Web browser interface is available.
Specials and OEM Products
WORK Microwave can customize any product to meet an operator’s exact specifications.
SDM2 Features Key features
- DVB-S2X - ETSI EN 302 307-2 DVB-S2 - ETSI EN 302 307-1 DVB-DSNG - ETSI EN 301 210 DVB-S - ETSI EN 300 421
- DVB-S2X modulations: QPSK / 8PSK / 16APSK / 32APSK / 64APSK normal, short and linear
- DVB-S2 modulations: QPSK / 8PSK / 16APSK / 32APSK normal, short
- DVB-S and DVB-DSNG: QPSK / 8PSK / 16QAM modulation
- DVB Carrier ID - ETSI TS 103 129
- Broadcast Predistortion including automatic group delay and dynamic constellation predistortion for QPSK and 8PSK (option XB)
- Extended Predistortion including automatic group delay and static constellation predistortion up to 32APSK (option XE)
- Optional BISS-E encryption, supports multi program transport stream
- Physical layer framing with scrambling codes 0 to 262141 according to DVB-S2 standard
- Roll-Off: 35 %, 25 %, 20 %, 15 %, 10 %, 5 %
- Adjustable digital slope equalizer
- Low spurious output
- An output signal multiplexer integrated within the L-band version allows to combine the modulated signal, the 10 MHz reference signal and DC power (option DC24 or DC48) to drive an external power block upconverter
- Dual ASI interfaces with automatic cable equalizer and auto-switchover
- DVB-S2 Multistream support with capacity management with two input streams supported. Optional a hex ASI interface is available, including 3x2 auto redundancy switchover (option MT6)
- Transport Stream over IP inputs (option TI1, TI2)
- VideoACM support
- Baseband frame input for VCM operation and connection to external encapsulators etc.
- Null packet insertion and deletion with PCR correction
- Still picture playout; customized picture content can be loaded to the modulator unit
- Symbol rates from 8 ksps to 80 Msps
- Data rate max 213 Mbps per ASI Interface
- Data rate max 356 Mbps with SPI Interface
- Remote control through RS232, RS422/485 (2-wire or 4-wire) interfaces, TCP/IP over Ethernet, Web browser interface, SNMP with MIBs downloadable from the device
- Summary alarm output with dual change over switch contacts
- Transmit mute input
- 10 MHz Reference OCXO included
- L-band Monitor Output
- Extended operating temperature range option -30 °C to 60 °C (-22 °F to 140 °F)
- CE compliant
- 3 years warranty
|Country of Manufacture||Germany|
|Input Power||90 - 264 VAC|
|Max Data Rate||3 kbps … 356 Mbps (SPI interface) 3 kbps … 213 Mbps (ASI interface) 10 kbps … 213 Mbps (TS over IP interface)|
|Max Symbol Rate||80 Msps|
|Modulation||QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK|
|FEC||DVB-S2, DVB-S2X, DVB-S, DVB-DSNG|
|Output Frequency||50 - 180 MHz, 950 - 2150 MHz|
|Dimensions||483 x 44 x 470 mm³ (WxHxD), 1 RU (19")|