Work Microwave VHCU-X6 High Performance X-Band Upconverter
- Output Freq.: 8.00 - 8.50 GHz
- 70 MHz or 140 MHz IF bands available
- Remote control through RS232, RS422/485 and Ethernet
- High Signal Integrity
Work Microwave High Performance X-Band Upconverter VHCU-X6
WORK Microwave's VHCU- X satellite up-converters are designed to support the demanding requirements of analog and digital satellite transmissions, such as TV uplinks and high-speed data networks. Ideal use cases include fixed satellite ground stations as well as in satellite newsgathering (SNG) vehicles, fly-aways and other mobile or portable applications.
The fifth-generation frequency converter series is built with the most advanced technologies available to ensure outstanding performance, high reliability and a longer lifetime.
Reduced phase noise: Based on a powerful new synthesizer the frequency converters achieve a phase noise significantly beyond the recommended industry specification (Intelsat's IESS-308/309).
Improved flexibility and usability: Through a new USB port, operators can now access the converter via the back panel to make copies of parameter settings, replicate selected configurations on another device or save configuration settings for future reference. In addition, a user-friendly, Web-based interface offers an intuitive user experience. When coupled with the enhanced USB port, the customizable GUI also simplifies the installation of firmware updates.
Higher reliability: An AC power consumption of 45 VA / 30 W maximizes the reliability and lifetime of the units.
Enhanced scalability: A completely modular-based design provides users with a cost-effective solution that can be tailored according to specific needs, including frequency range, output power and conversion gain.
S-, C-, X-, Ku-, K-, Ka-, and Q-band coverage
The following satellite frequency bands are covered: S, C, X, Ku, K, Ka, and Q-band. The converters support the standard IF-frequency bands 70 ±20 MHz and/or 140 ±40 MHz. The conversion is performed without spectral inversion. The upconverters offer an increased power output (P1dB ≥ +10 dBm) in all versions. The units are available as single band, dual band or as triple band converters. For more bands or channels please contact factory.
High signal integrity
The extreme low phase noise of the oscillators guarantees an excellent signal quality. Low spurious emissions allow our customers to use the converters also in the environments with demanding requirements, such as high power video uplinks. Sophisticated temperature compensation guarantees the stability over a wide temperature range.
The converters normally are delivered without fans and can be operated in environments, where at minimum one RU space for natural ventilation is available above each unit. This eliminates the fan as potential point of failure. For rack installations without any space in between the units, a fan within the converter unit is recommended. This forces an airflow from the right side to left side of the units. Outdoor versions with IP 67 degree of protection are also available.
Operating and control – easy integration into your system
The converters can be operated via the push buttons on the front panel using intuitive display menus or via remote control (RS232, RS422/485 and TCP/IP over Ethernet). Detailed monitoring of the system status and a summary alarm output (dual change over switch contacts) are provided. For the remote control either ASCII string-based commands as well as addressable, packet based commands are provided.
Remote monitoring and control through SNMP and a Web browser interface is also available.
In addition to standard products WORK Microwave offers custom tailored products as follows:
- Modified or smaller housings to fit into your existing design for mobile and portable applications.
- Extended storage or operating temperature range.
- Military versions for hostile environment (shock, vibration, humidity).
- For down converters: Application specific output filtering and automatic level control. The output level is kept constant independent of the strength of the input signal with adjustable control.
- Additional PLO output.
Work Microwave X-Band Satellite Upconverter Key features
- 70 MHz or 140 MHz IF bands available
- Optional switchable IF 70 MHz and 140 MHz (IF 70/140)
- Very low phase noise (< -50 dBc/Hz @ 10 Hz)
- Long-term stability 10-7 / year
- Output power +10 dBm (1 dB compression point)
- Automatic reference recognition (5 and 10 MHz)
- Adjustable gain equalizer
- Digital gain compensation
- Operating temperature range either -30 °C to 60 °C (-22 °F to 140 °F), -40 °C to 60 °C (-40 °F to 140 °F) (VECD units) or 0 °C to 50 °C (32 °F to 122 °F)
- Remote control through RS232, RS422/485 (2- wire or 4-wire) interfaces. Packet command syntax supports RS485 bus systems and allows addressed operation.
- Remote control through Ethernet supporting a TCP/IP command interface, a Web browser interface and SNMP (MIBs are provided).
- Test output on the front panel: RF-Test at up converter, IF-Test at down converter.
- Optional IF-Test output for up converters (Option: IFT)
- Optional RF-Test output for down converters (Option: RFT)
- AC power switch on the front panel
- Summary alarm output (dual change over switch contacts)
- Transmit mute input
- Optional internal Fan (Option: FAN)
- CE compliant
- 3 years warranty
|Country of Manufacture|
|Input Power||100 - 240 VAC|
|Output Frequency||8.0 - 8.5 GHz|
|Dimensions||Indoor: 483 x 44 x 505 mm Outdoor 322 x 108 x 391 mm (WxHxD) (small housing) (standard)|