WORK Microwave SK-IP DVB-S2 IP Modem
WORK Microwave SK-IP DVB-S2 IP Modem
Work Microwave SK-IP DVB-S2 IP Modem provides operators with a platform for transferring IP/Ethernet data over DVB-S2 satellite connections. Ethernet frames and IP packets are encapsulated directly within DVB-S2 baseband frames, resulting in low encapsulation overhead.
In order to achieve speeds up to 356 Mbit/s, only the fastest and most bandwidth efficient encapsulation and modulation parameters are supported. For maximum bandwidth efficiency and ease of operation the device uses Generic Stream Encapsulation according to TS 102 606 and Multiprotocol Encapsulation according to EN 301 192.
Utilizing DaVid technology, WORK Microwave’s DVB-S2 Modem SK-DV system offers simultaneous transportation of IP data (i.e., network connection) and live broadcasting (i.e., video content) over a single satellite carrier. The DaVid technology works by aggregating multiple transport streams and IP data into a DVB-S2 multiplex while providing end-user control of all transmission types.
An integrated OptiACM controller provides adaptive or variable FEC- and modulation setting for point-to-point or point-to-multipoint IP applications. VideoACM An integrated VideoACM controller provides adaptive or variable FEC- and modulation setting for point-topoint or point-to-multipoint Transport Stream transmissions.
Broadcast Predistortion and Extended Predistortion - operating in the background during regular transmission - mitigates the negative effects in the filters and amplifiers of satellites by automatically compensating for linear and non linear distortions. Subsequently the satellite link can be operated with less back off/higher power and a higher signal-tonoise ratio increases beam coverage ensuring higher throughput and availability for the satellite operator.
Flexible RF connectivity
The modulator provides the modulated signal from 50 to 180 MHz IF or at L-band. With the L-band output, a 10 MHz reference signal for a block upconverter can be enabled on the TX port, as well as DC power 24 V or 48 V (Option DC24 or DC48).
The demodulator accepts an L-band signal in the range from 950 to 2150 MHz on two inputs or alternatively an IF signal in the range from 50 to 180 MHz on a single input. On L-band devices, LNBs can be powered directly over the inputs.
High signal integrity
Low spurious emissions make the modem perfect for use in environments with demanding requirements, like high-power uplinks. Sophisticated temperature compensation guarantees output stability over a very wide temperature range.
Operating and control - easy integration into your system
The modem can be operated via push buttons on the front panel using intuitive display menus or via remote control (RS232, RS422/485 and TCP/IP over Ethernet). For the remote control addressable packet-based commands, a Web interface (HTTP browser) or SNMP can be used. Detailed monitoring of system parameters is possible.
Work Microwave SK-IP DVB-S2 IP Modem Key features
- DVB-S2 - ETSI EN 302 307-1, DVB-DSNG - ETSI EN 301 210, DVB-S - ETSI EN 300 421
- DVB-S2 modulations: QPSK / 8PSK / 16APSK / 32APSK normal, short
- DVB-S and DVB-DSNG: QPSK / 8PSK / 16QAM modulation (SK-TS)
- DVB Carrier ID - ETSI TS 103 129
- Broadcast Predistortion including automatic group delay and dynamic constellation predistortion for QPSK and 8PSK (option XB)
- Extended Predistortion including automatic group delay and static constellation predistortion up to 32APSK (option XE)
- Normal and short FEC frames, pilots on or off (DVB-S2)
- Physical layer framing with scrambling codes 0 to 262141 according to DVB-S2 standard
- Symbol rates from 60 ksps to 80 Msps
- Roll-Off: 35 %, 25 %, 20 %, 15 %, 10 %, 5 %
- Adjustable digital gain slope equalizer
- Low spurious output
- An output signal multiplexer integrated within the L-band version allows to combine the modulated signal, the 10 MHz reference signal and DC power (option DC24 or DC48) to drive an external power block upconverter
- Automatic integrated uplink power control (option)
- DISEqC 1.1 support on LNB L-band input
- OptiACM system for optimized bandwidth usage and extended weather insensitivity for IP transmission
- Gigabit Ethernet data interface
- IP and baseband traffic shaping
- Generic Stream Encapsulation (GSE) direct to DVB-S2 baseband frames
- Multiprotocol Encapsulation (MPE)
- Operates as Layer 2 Bridge, Layer 3 Bridge or Layer 3 Router
- 2 ASI Input and 2 ASI Output Interfaces (SK-DV, SK-TS)
- Transport Stream Input for DVB-S2 Multiple Input Stream operation, capacity calculator, optional capacity limitation per TS input (SK-DV only)
- Transport Stream over IP Inputs (option TI1,TI2) (SK-DV, SK-TS only)
- Support of 2 Multiple Transport Stream Inputs and Outputs (SK-DV, SK-TS)
- VideoACM system for optimized bandwidth usage and extended weather insensitivity for Transport Stream video transmission
- BISS-E encryption of transport streams on transmit side (option BI), supports multi program transport stream
- Transmit mute input
- Tx Monitor Output on Frontpanel
- Remote control through RS232, RS422/485 (2- wire or 4-wire) interfaces, TCP/IP over Ethernet, Web browser interface, SNMP with MIBs downloadable form the device
- 10 MHz Reference OCXO included
- Summary alarm output with dual change over switch contacts
- Operating temperature range 0 °C to 50 °C (32 °F to 122 °F)
- CE compliant
- 3 years warranty
|Country of Manufacture||Germany|
|Input Power||90 - 264 VAC|
|Max Data Rate||up to 356 Mbps or 80000 pps|
|Max Symbol Rate||60 ksps … 80 Msps (depending on firmware option)|
|Modulation||BPSK, QPSK, 8PSK, 16QAM, 16APSK, 32APSK|
|FEC||DVB-S2, DVB-S, DVB-DSNG|
|Output Frequency||50 - 180 MHz, 950 - 2150 MHz|
|Dimensions||483 x 44 x 470 mm (WxHxD), 1 RU (19")|