Comtech EF Data DD240XR Digital Video Broadcast Demodulator
DD240XR Digital Video Broadcast Demodulator
The Radyne DD240XR High-Speed Video Broadcast Demodulator is DVB-S and DVB-S2 compliant. It is an ideal choice for high data rate video and Internet applications, meeting the latest in DVB standards EN300-421, EN301-210 and EN302-307. The unit supports QPSK, 8PSK and 16QAM applications for DVB-S and QPSK, 8PSK, and 16APSK for DVB-S2 up to 45 Msps. Supporting a variety of data and IF interfaces, the DD240XR is configurable to meet all high-speed satellite applications. With field upgradeable features, the DD240XR can be easily upgraded, adding features like DVB-S2, 8PSK, 16QAM and 16APSK.
- DVB-S and MPEG-2 compliant EN 300-421
- DVB-DSNG compliant EN 301-210
- DVB-S2 compliant EN 302-307
- Feature and software upgrades readily available through easy-to-install PCMCIA feature cards
- Data rates up to 144 Mbps for DVB-S
- Data rates up to 160 Mbps for DVB-S2
- QPSK, 8PSK and 16QAM operation in DVB-S
- QPSK, 8PSK and 16APSK operation in DVB-S2
- Reed-Solomon outer coding and LDPC/BCH
- Frequency-agile 50 to 90, 100 to 180 and 950 to 2150 MHz
- User-friendly front panel interface
- Optional redundancy configuration
- Internal Doppler buffer
The powerful onboard Monitor and Control (M&C) processor has the unique capability to download upgraded firmware and enhanced features from a field-changeable PCMCIA card. Features can be added to the installed equipment base with extreme ease, allowing enhancements with changes in service while lowering initial installation budgets.
The DD240XR offers a frequency-agile IF input from 950 to 2150 MHz and 50 to 90 or 100 to 180 MHz. DVB-S variable data rates from 2 Mbps to 144 Mbps can be set in 1 bps steps. DVS-S2 variable data rates from 2 Mbps to 160 Mbps.
The Demodulator also offers the choice of remotely interfacing through one of two rear panel connections: Ethernet or RS-485. The front panel offers push-button control of all features and a backlit LCD display. Menus are specifically designed for ease of use and quick operation as well as changes in all demodulator parameters.
For applications requiring system redundancy, the DD240XR may be used with the Radyne RCS11 1:1 Redundancy Switch or the RCS20 M:N Redundancy Switch.
|Country of Manufacture|
|Manufacturer||Comtech EF Data|
|Input Power||100 - 240 VAC, -48VDC|
|Max Data Rate||160 Mbps|
|Max Symbol Rate||45 Msps|
|Modulation||QPSK, 8PSK, 16QAM, 16APSK|
|Dimensions||1.75” x 19” x 17” (4.45 x 48.3 x 43.2 cm)|