Work Microwave VSSBD-Ku Ku-Band Synthesized Block Downconverter
- RF-Input Frequency: 10.70 - 12.75 GHz
- IF Output Frequency: 950 - 1500 MHz
- Remote control through RS232, RS422/485 and Ethernet
- Automatic reference recognition
Work Microwave Ku-Band Synthesized Block Downconverter VSSBD-Ku
WORK Microwave's synthesized block converters are designed to optimize the performance and bandwidth of satellite communications links, enabling operators to cost-effectively deliver a superior signal quality. Ideal use cases include fixed satellite ground stations as well as in satellite newsgathering (SNG) vehicles, fly-aways, and other mobile or portable applications.
The fifth-generation frequency converter series is built with the most advanced technologies available to ensure outstanding performance, high reliability, and a longer lifetime.
Reduced phase noise: Based on a powerful new synthesizer the frequency converters achieve a phase noise significantly beyond the recommended industry specification (Intelsat's IESS-308/309).
Optional slope compensation up to +8 dB / GHz over L-band: With slope compensation users can effectively balance the losses and negative slope of augmented cable runs to ensure that all signals entering the RF processing chain are at similar levels across all frequencies.
Improved flexibility and usability: Through a new USB port, operators can now access the converter via the back panel to make copies of parameter settings, replicate selected configurations on another device, or save configuration settings for future reference. In addition, a user-friendly, Web-based interface offers an intuitive user experience. When coupled with the enhanced USB port, the customizable GUI also simplifies the installation of firmware updates.
Higher reliability: An AC power consumption of typically 35 VA / 23 W maximizes the reliability and lifetime of the units.
High signal integrity
The very low phase noise of the oscillators guarantees an excellent signal quality. Low spurious emissions allow our customers to use the converters in the environments with demanding requirements, such as high power video uplinks. Sophisticated temperature compensation guarantees the stability over a wide temperature range.
Block converter with frequency synthesizer
In contrast to block converters with fixed or switchable LO these converters include a tunable LO with 100 Hz step size. The frequency bandwidth is selected to achieve low spurious emissions. These properties allow wideband frequency coverage with only one unit, where other concepts with fixed block converters require several different block converter modules.
The converters normally are delivered without fans and can be operated in environments, where at minimum 1 RU space for natural ventilation is available above each unit. This eliminates the fan as a potential point of failure. For rack installations without any space in between the units, a fan within the converter unit is recommended. This forces airflow from the right side to left side of the units. Outdoor versions with IP67 degree of protection are also available.
The converters can be operated via the push buttons on the front panel using intuitive display menus or via remote control (RS232, RS422/485 and TCP/IP over Ethernet). Detailed monitoring of the system status and a summary alarm output (dual change over switch contacts) are provided. For the remote control either ASCII string-based commands as well as addressable, packet-based commands are provided.
Remote monitoring and control through SNMP and a Web browser interface is also available.
In addition to standard products WORK Microwave offers custom tailored products and specialized products as follows:
- Modified or smaller housings to fit into your AC power switch on the front panel
- Existing design for mobile and portable applications.
- Different IF or RF frequency bands
- Customized M&C interface and control syntax.
- Extended storage or operating temperature range.
- Military versions for hostile environment (shock, vibration, humidity).
Work Microwave Ku-Band Synthesized Block Downconverter Key features
- Long-term stability 10-7 / year
- Output power +10 dBm (1 dB compression point)
- Automatic reference recognition (5 and 10 MHz)
- Digital gain compensation
- Operating temperature range either -30 °C to
60 °C (-22 °F to 140 °F) or 0 °C to 50 °C (32 °F to
- Remote control through RS232, RS422/485 (2-wire or 4-wire) interfaces. Packet command
syntax supports RS485 bus systems and allows addressed operation.
- Remote control through Ethernet supporting a TCP/IP command interface, a Web browser interface and SNMP (MIBs are provided).
- RF test output on the front panel available
- AC power switch on the front panel
- Summary alarm output with dual change over switch contacts
- Transmit mute input
- Optional internal Fan (Option: FAN)
- CE compliant
- 3 years warranty
|Country of Manufacture||Germany|
|Rated Output Power||N/A|
|Power Rating Method||N/A|
|Input Frequency||10.7 - 12.75 GHz|
|Input Power||90 - 264 VAC|