Teledyne Paradise Datacom Ku-Band High Power Outdoor GaAs SSPA
Teledyne Paradise Datacom 250W Ku-Band Outdoor GaAs SSPA
- Output Frequency Range: 14.0 - 14.5 GHz
- Output Power: 250W Psat 54.0 dBm
Teledyne Paradise Datacom’s newly packaged High Power Outdoor (H) series of Solid State Power Amplifiers represent the latest in High Power Microwave Amplifier Technology. The SSPA package achieves the highest power density in the industry, along with enhanced maintainability.
A state-of-the-art thermal platform provides efficient cooling for the amplifier module and power supplies. This ensures the highest possible MTBFs for microwave power amplifiers.
Teledyne Paradise Datacom amplifiers are optimized for the best wide band intermod performance and linearity possible.
All Teledyne Paradise Datacom SSPAs have a full complement of local and remote control capability. The remote control capabilities include: RS485/RS232 serial control, Ethernet including SNMP, UDP, and internal web browsing. Discrete hardware control, Form C contact alarms and opto isolated inputs are also included.
- Extremely High Power
to 500 W X-Band
to 600 W C-Band
to 250 W Ku-Band
- RF Output Sample Port
- Remote Communication via RS232/485 or Ethernet
- -20 dB Gain Adjustment
- Built-in 1:1 Redundancy Control with ‘Cold’ Standby capability
- Built-in Maintenance Switch Controller
- Hand Held Controller
- RF Input Sample Port
- L-Band Input operation
- Reflected Power Monitor
- Phase Combined Systems
- Antenna Mounting Kit
Teledyne Paradise Datacom amplifiers are available with an integrated L-Band Block Up Converter. L-Band units utilize Teledyne Paradise Datacom’s proprietary zBUC technology. The addition of a zBUC® converter to the SSPA typically increases the gain by 2-4 dB. The advantages of zBUC technology include:
- zBUC converter can detect and switch to an externally supplied reference.
- Optional internal high stability (10MHz) reference.
- zBUC converter can lock to an externally supplied reference of 10 or 50 MHz.
- zBUC converter can accept a wide range of external reference power (-10 to +5 dBm)
- zBUC converter can accept FSK monitor and control signal via the IFL for complete amplifier remote control.
Universal Handheld Controller (RCH-1000)
The Universal Handheld Controller (RCH-1000) is a versatile device used to interface with a variety of Teledyne Paradise Datacom amplifiers, including Compact Outdoor SSPA, Mini Compact Outdoor SSPA, or H-Series High Power Outdoor SSPA.
The device is housed in a ruggedized enclosure that is environmentally sealed to IP65 levels. This allows the Universal Handheld Controller (RCH-1000) to be used in most outdoor environments. The rugged construction of the device enclosure provides protection from impact and vibration.
This device allows the operator to adjust the attenuation of the connected unit, and control the mute/unmute selection, as well as monitor the status, conditions and settings of the connected unit via a serial RS-485 connection. Fault conditions and other events are tracked in the controller’s internal log.
Remote Control Panel (RCP2-1000)
The RCP2-1000 is a Remote Control Panel for the High Power Outdoor SSPA. It requires only 1RU of cabinet space and provides an identical local interface as exists on Teledyne Paradise Datacom Indoor Rack Mount amplifiers.
The controller communicates with the outdoor amplifier via a RS485 link. The controller then provides a wide range of interface capability including Ethernet communications. The following communication links are available at the Remote Control Panel:
- RS232 or Addressable RS485 Serial Data
- Discrete (Parallel) Interface - Form C contact outputs & Opto Isolated Inputs
- Ethernet Interface - A full complement of Ethernet communications including UDP, SNMP, and an internal web browser.
- Local (Manual) interface via front panel LCD display
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Manufacturer||Teledyne Paradise Datacom|
|Amplifier Type||GaAs SSPA|
|Rated Output Power||250W|
|Power Rating Method||PSAT|
|Input Frequency||13.75 - 14.5 GHz, 14.0 - 14.5 GHz|
|Output Frequency||13.75 - 14.5 GHz, 14.0 - 14.5 GHz|
|Output Interface||WR75 Waveguide|
|Input Power||100 - 260 VAC|