Paradise Datacom Mini Compact Outdoor GaN SSPAs
Paradise Datacom Mini Compact Outdoor SSPA
The Teledyne Paradise Datacom Mini Compact Outdoor Solid State Power Amplifier (SSPA) is built for extreme environmental conditions and high reliability operation. Along with the robust construction exists the highest power density in the industry. This allows solid state technology to be used in applications that have long been reserved for TWTAs.
Gallium Nitride amplifiers offer considerably better performance than conventional GaAs solutions. GaN offers better efficiency than other conventional amplifier technologies and also exhibits exceptional gain and power over frequency.
Weighing less than 24.5 lbs. (11.2 kg), and 19.6 lbs. (8.9 kg) for the S-Band and Ku-Band units, and only slightly larger than a lunch box, this family of GaN SSPAs is available in the following output power levels:
- C-Band: 50W, 80W, 100W, 150W, 200W
- X-Band: 50W, 80W, 100W, 150W, 200W
- Ku-Band: 40W, 50W, 80W, 100W
Mini Compact SSPA Features
- Compact size and weight
- CE Compliance Tested
- Integrated forced-air cooling system
- Adjustable RF Gain, 55 dB to 75 dB
- Extreme Environmental Testing
- RF Output Sample Port
- Maintenance Free Operation
- Universal, Power Factor Corrected Power Supply
- Built-in 1:1 Redundancy Control
- Remote M&C via Serial or Ethernet
- Integrated Output Isolator for load VSWR protection
- Extended band operation
- Antenna Mounting Kit
- DC Operation (48VDC)
- Remote Control Panel
- L-Band Input
- FSK monitor & control via IFL
- Phase Combined Systems
- Fiber Optic Input
- Optional side-mount AC input for SNG installations
Remote Control Panel - Ethernet Interface for the Mini Compact Outdoor SSPA
The RCP2-1000 is a Remote Control Panel for the Compact Outdoor SSPA. It only requires 1RU of cabinet space and provides and identical local interface as exists on Paradise Datacom Indoor Rack Mount amplifiers.
The controller communicates with the outdoor amplifier via a RS485 link. The controller then provides a wide range of interface capability including Ethernet communications. The following communication links are available at the Remote Control Panel:
- RS232 or Addressable RS485 Serial Data
- Discrete (Parallel) Interface - Form C contact outputs & Opto Isolated Inputs
- Ethernet Interface - A full compliment of Ethernet Communications including UDP, SNMP, and an internal web browser.
- Local (Manual) interface via front panel LCD display
Fiber Optic Interface
Paradise Datacom offers an Outdoor Fiber Optic Converter Module (OFM-1000) for the Mini Compact Outdoor SSPA which interfaces with a rack mountable Fiber Optic to L Band Transceiver (RCPF-1000).
The 1RU Indoor Fiber Optic to L Band Transceiver complements the Mini Compact Outdoor Amplifier for a complete Optical interface for the amplifier.
What distinguishes the Paradise Datacom Fiber Optic solution is the ability to transmit and receive not only the L-Band IFL, but also a 10 MHz reference signal and an FSK signal that provides complete remote control of the amplifier. When equipped with a Paradise Datacom Evolution Series PD25 L-Band modem, a complete baseband to optical interface is realized.
A system utilizing a Fiber Optic link can have an IFL length in excess of 1km. An optical link is also desirable in areas in which L-Band interference can degrade the system’s performance.
Mini Compact Outdoor SSPA Outline Drawing
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Power Rating Method||No|