NovelSat NS300X IP Satellite Modem
Optimal Low-Data Rate IP Communication
For IP data transmission applications requiring satellite data rates below 30Mbps, the NovelSat NS300X IP Satellite Modem is the optimal solution. Designed for cost-effective low-data rate applications including cellular backhaul, IP trunking and other data services, the NS300X can simultaneously send and receive a total of 60Mbps per modem. Now, even at low data rates, satellite users can benefit from both cost effective prices as well as the high-performance experience of advanced NovelSat technology.
The NS300X is a member of the NovelSat Professional Satellite Modem series along with the NS3000 Professional High-Data Rate Satellite Modem (up to 850Mbps). Like the NS3000, DVB-S2 is the basic satellite transmission standard in the NS300X modem. The NS300X and all NovelSat equipment also support DVB-S, DVB-S2 with 5% Roll-off Factor (ROF), DVB-S2X and NovelSat NS4.
Cost-Effective for Low Data Rates
The NS300X modem includes built-in IP processing features to make data transmission more efficient and cost-effective. The NovelSat NS300X supports point-to-point and point-to-multipoint links and incorporates the NovelSat advanced high-efficiency NSPE2™ encapsulation scheme. The NS300X integrated IP processing unit supports a wide range of features such as advanced QoS, transparent bridging (Layer 2), VLAN switching (Layer 2), routing mode (Layer 3) and TCP header and payload acceleration.
Equipped for data transmission, the NS300X comes with up to 4 E1/T1 interfaces for cellular backhaul and Gigabit 1000Base-T. It also has built-in hardware support for LDPC advanced FEC, NovelSat NS4 waveform and NovelSat DUET CeC (carrier-echo-cancellation).
The NS300X platform offers a wide range of performance boosting options that include DVB-S2 with 5% ROF, NovelSat NS4 waveform and NovelSat DUET CeC (carrier-echo-cancellation). Additional features include ACM/VCM, AUPC (Automatic Uplink Power Control), Carrier ID (CID) compliance and DDC (Dynamic Distortion Compensation) for mitigating transponder saturation interference.
When you upgrade to NovelSat NS4 transmission technology, the NS300X boosts spectral efficiency by up to 45% compared with DVB-S2 equipment. NovelSat NS4 also adds superior resilience to jamming, adjacent satellite interference, phase noise and weather fluctuations. For additional savings in operational costs, add optional NovelSat DUET CeC to deliver the same traffic using half the bandwidth.
These and other unique technologies give the low-cost, highperformance NovelSat NS300X IP Satellite Modem the highest performance and most compelling ROI for businesses with lowdata rate satellite IP transmission needs.
- Scalable from 100Kbps to 60Mbps (30Mbps x2)
- DVB-DSNG, DVB-S, DVB-S2 & DVB-S2X standard compliant
- Symbol rate 0.1-36Msps
- NovelSat NS4™ technology
- Modulation: BPSK, QPSK, 8APSK, 16APSK, 32APSK, 64APSK
- LDPC (Low Density Power Check)
- Roll-off Filter: 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 35% with DVB-S, DVB-S2 and NovelSat NS4
- NovelSat DUET CeC (carrier-echo-cancellation) technology – lowest implementation loss in the market
- Dual Band Support (IF-Band 50-180MHz & Extended L-Band 950-2150MHz)
- 10-15dB stronger jamming immunity
- Dynamic Distortion Compensation (DDC)
- Optimized ACM mode
- AUPC (Automatic Uplink Power Control)
- IP Processing Enhancements
- VLAN switching (Layer 2)/ Router mode (Layer 3)
- NSPE IP Encapsulation
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service)
- IP Transparent Bridging
- Jumbo frame support
- Header Compression
- Internal WAN Acceleration (TCP, Payload Acceleration)
- Gigabit Ethernet (GbE), Up to 4 E1/T1 Interfaces
- SFP-(Additional GbE/Optical Interface)
- Dual Channel Mode (2 IP channels in a single carrier)
- 24V/48V integrated BUC feeder
- Supports N+1 redundancy
- Secured transmission
- Technology Agnostic Network Management System
- Over-the-Air (OTA): Management & Control and Software upgrades
- Compatible with all NovelSat satellite equipment (Modulators, demodulators, modems)