Newtec MDM6100 Broadcast Satellite Modem
MDM6100 Broadcast Satellite Modem
The MDM6100 Broadcast Satellite Modem is the next-generation DVB compliant modem specifically designed for broadcast applications. The modem supports the DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X, next to the legacy DVB-S and DVB-DSNG standards in order to achieve barrier-breaking efficiency. The unit can act as a MPEG Transport Stream modulator, demodulator or modem.
The MDM6100 Broadcast Satellite Modem is the next generation DVB compliant modem specifically designed for broadcast applications. The modem supports the DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X, next to the legacy DVB-S and DVB-DSNG standards, as well as S2 Extensions in order to achieve barrier-breaking efficiency. The unit can act as a single Transport Stream modulator, demodulator or modem.
Features of the MDM6100
- Support of the latest and most efficient DVB-S2X standard
- Highest system reliability and service uptime through robust design and industry leading redundancy solutions including TS payload stuffing detection
- Low total cost of ownership as a result of very high bandwidth efficiency technology options, and ease of monitoring and control
- Built-in support for opportunistic data insertion, via Multi Protocol Encapsulation (MPE) encap/decapsulator
- Easy integration with industry leading management systems (EMS/ NMS/OSS)
- Safe investment as the platform supports advanced capabilities such as proMPEG FEC at the inputs and outputs, built-in transport stream analyzer, ECM/EMM messages monitoring and DVB & NIT Carrier ID
- Optional C-band or Ku-band outputs for compact earth station design
- BISS scrambling for contribution links
- Pay-as-you-grow flexible licensing scheme
- Future-proof design combining video and IP unicast and multicast multiservice capabilities, supports transport of today´s and tomorrow´s services
- Reduced adjacent channel interference for multi-carrier per transponder constellations
- Dedicated GUI for single stream and multistream applications
- Feature-based pricing and software upgrades
- 6 I/O configurable ASI ports
- Provides better link margin with Equalink 3 pre-distortion
*See datasheet below for full product specifications.