Newtec MDM6000 Satellite Modem
MDM6000 Satellite Modem
The MDM6000 Satellite Modem is a versatile high-performance modem which allows service providers and government operations to increase the amount of services or the customer base within the same bandwidth. At the same time, it introduces ways to reduce OPEX costs and increase the profitability of their business at maximum efficiency and optimum availability.
The MDM6000 modem is typically installed at both ends of a point-to-point satellite link or at the remote sites of a star network. The unit can work as a modulator, demodulator or modem depending on the network configuration and integrates seamlessly with terrestrial IP networks and equipment. The modem is in full compliance with the DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X standards to achieve barrier-breaking efficiency at maximum service availability.
In applications demanding higher speeds and packets-per-seconds processing than those offered by the stand-alone MDM6000, the MDM6000 High Speed solution can be used. It adds an external packet processor that handles shaping, bandwidth management and encapsulation to achieve up to 850 Mbps and 800 Mbps duplex.
Features of the MDM6000
- Suitable for low, medium, and high-speed applications, for cellular backhaul, trunking and fiber restoration
- Supports carriers up to 133 Msps to handle all common transponder sizes
- Clean Channel Technology for additional bandwidth efficiency gains
- DVB-S2, DVB-S2X (up to 256APSK) and S2 Extensions backward compatibility
- Very high throughput and packet per second
- Very granular rate licensing scheme with rates from 1 Mbps up to 425 Mbps bidirectional
- Built-in Bandwidth Cancellation (up to 72 Msps)
- Very granular licensing scheme for applications in low rate, medium rate, backhauling and high-rate trunking
- Flexible on-board packet processing such as QoS, shaping, bridging, and routing
- Support for DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X
- Can be used in conjunction with the HUB6000 Satellite Hub
- Available as High-Speed IP modem version
*See datasheet below for full product specifications.