Paradise Datacom PD60L DVB S2 L-Band Satellite Modem
- Data Rates to 60 Mbps
- DVB-S2 FEC and Modulation support
- Paired Carrier Operation (optional)
- SmartLink Mode
PD60L DVB-S2 L-Band Satellite Modem
The Paradise QUANTUM Series PD60L Modem brings the bandwidth saving and robustness benefits of DVB-S2 to traditional SCPC services such as IBS and Drop & Insert.
Paired Carrier technology overlays transmit and receive carriers reducing satellite bandwidth by up to 50%. Paired CarrierTM technology is patented by Viasat Inc.
QUANTUM modems are fully backward compatible with Paradise Evolution modems when DVB-S2 and Paired Carrier are disabled.
SCPC Features, DVB-S2 Space Segment
Modes of operation:
- DVB-S2 outbound with SCPC return, or SCPC outbound with DVB-S2 return.
- DVB-S2 outbound and return.
- SCPC outbound and return.
- SmartLink mode where Tx/Rx SCPC features are combined with DVB-S2 space segment savings. All traditional SCPC features are supported including IBS, IDR, ESC, Drop & Insert, AUPC, etc.
- Data rate options to 60Mbps, 37.5Msymbol/s maximum.
- All the standard features and options of the Evolution Series Modem including IBS, IDR, Drop & Insert, etc.
- DVB-S2 FEC and modulation support.
- Paired Carrier ready. Requires just an upgrade.
- Ethernet plus a further 3 x traffic interfaces supporting a wide range of terrestrial interfaces.
- Supports up to two Quad E1 cards allowing up to 8 x E1s to be multiplexed onto a single carrier
- Available in IF, L-band, and IF plus L-band.
Web User Interface
A unique Web User Interface provides full Monitor & Control plus graphing of Eb/No, BER, Receive Power and other operating parameters, plus a Receive Spectrum Analyser, Receive Constellation Monitor and BER Tester for detailed signal analysis and performance validation via Internet Explorer. Logged graph data can be sent via email to any email address.
Simple to use EZ-BERT BER Tester Option allows real time bit error measurements through traffic or ESC channel, or between the terrestrial ports.
Built-in Spectrum Analyzer for Receive Carrier,
Built-in Receive Constellation Display
Paired Carrier Operation
Paired Carrier technology allows both the uplink and downlink signals to occupy the same space segment. An adaptive self-interference cancellation technique removes the uplink signal components generated by the local terminal from the received signal off satellite, allowing demodulation of the far end signal.
|Common Main Specifications PD60L (see Datasheet for more)|
|SCPC||BPSK, QPSK, OQPSK, 8PSK (Option), 8APSK (Option), 16QAM (Option)|
|DVB-S2 (Option)||QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK|
|IF Frequency Range||950-1950 MHz|
|IF Frequency Resolution||100Hz|
|Traffic Interface - Electrical||Ethernet (10/100 BaseT) IP Traffic on RJ45 with link and traffic indicators. Electronically selectable with other interfaces fitted.|
|User Traffic Data Rate Resolution||1bps|
|Note: The combination of FEC Rate, Modulation scheme and Satellite Overhead limits the Traffic Data Rate Range in all modes.|
|User Data Rate Range - Closed Network||4.8kbps to 20Mbps no Satellite Overhead (with high Data Rate options)|
| User Data Rate Range - Minimum Overhead |
(Closed Network plus ESC)
|As Closed Network above except limits inclusive of overhead of approximately 1.4 times the ESC baud rate. Resolution of 1bps. Supports ESC rate from 110 baud to >38.4kbaud.|
|User Data Rate Range - IBS/SMS Option||4.8kbps to 10 Mbps (6.7% Satellite Overhead added). Resolution of 1bps.|
|User Data Rate Range - IDR Option||4.8kbps to 10 Mbps (96k overhead added) Resolution of 8k (limitation of frame structure)|
|Audio Channels Option (P1348 emulation mode)||Used with IBS/SMS satellite framing and IDR Options to provide 2 x audio 32kbps ADPCM coded channels within a 64kbps IBS carrier, and 2 x audio 32kbps ADPCM coded channels plus 64kbps data within a 128kbps IBS carrier|
|Inner Forward Error Correction||Viterbi BPSK/QPSK/OQPSK - Rates 1/2, 3/4, 7/8, k=7 to IESS-308/309 Option: Sequential BPSK/QPSK/OQPSK - Rates 1/2, 3/4, 7/8 up to 2,048kbps maximum Option: TCM 8PSK - Rate 2/3 to IESS-310 Option: TPC BPSK - Rates 5/16, 21/44, 0.493 (Paradise), 2/3, 3/4, 0.789 (Paradise), 7/8 (Paradise), Rate 7/8 de facto Option: TPC QPSK/OQPSK - Rates 5/16, 21/44, 0.493 (Paradise), 2/3, 3/4, 0.789 (Paradise), 7/8 (Paradise), Rate 7/8 de facto, Rate 0.93 (Paradise) Option: TPC 8PSK - Rates 3/4 de facto, 7/8 de facto, Rate 0.93 (Paradise) Option: TPC 16QAM - Rates 3/4 de facto, 7/8 de facto, Rate 0.93 (Paradise) Option: DVB-S2 LDPC Short FECFRAME=16.2k QPSK - Rates 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 8PSK/8APSK - Rates 2/3, 3/4, 16QAM - Rate 3/4|
|Outer Forward Error Correction||Concatenated Intelsat Reed-Solomon Outer Codec to IESS308/310 with Custom Option offering variable code rate. Maximum traffic rate 10Mbps.|
|Scrambling - IBS/ SMS Option||Synchronised to framing per IESS-309 up to 10 Mbps|
|Scrambling - IDR Option and Closed Network||With RS Coding: synchronised to RS overhead. Without RS Coding and Non-TPC FEC: V.35 selfsynchronising No RS Coding with TPC FEC: 2^12-1 up to 10 Mbps|
|Scrambling - SCPC Closed Network Plus ESC||32kbps or above: synchronised to ESC overhead. Less than 32kbps: as per closed network. V.35 Scrambler has CCITT, Intelsat, "FDC" and "Linkabit" modes up to 20Mbps (with high Data Rate options)|
|Scrambling - DVB-S2||As per ETSI EN 302307|
|IF Connector type||BNC female|
|IF Impedance||50Ω & 75Ω, electronically selectable|
|Return Loss||18dB typical|
|Internal Frequency Reference - Ageing||<1ppm/yr|
|External Reference|| Clocking Only: 1-10MHz in 1kHz steps.|
Clocking and RF Frequency: 10MHz, 0dBm±1dB
- Paradise PD60L DVB S2 L-Band Satellite Modem Datasheet
- Paradise Datacom Evolution / Quantum Series Modems Installation and Operation Manual
- Quantum Switch Handbook
- Paradise Evolution/Quantum Series FastLink LDPC
- GSM Backhaul OPEX Saving Techniques
- Paradise Evolution/Quantum Series Sat-Abis Interface Module for Satellite Modems
- Evolution Series MultiMux Data Multiplexer Option for Evolution Modems
- Linkguard Signal-Under-Carrier Interference Detection
- Modem Web Based Built In Test Equipment
- Evolution Series Modems Receive Constellation Monitor
- Evolution Series Modems Spectrum Analyser Function
- Evolution Series Modems Performance Graphs
- TCP Acceleration Configuration - Example
- Evolution TCP/IP Functionality
- Optimising Spectral Roll-off