Paradise Datacom High Power X-Band Outdoor SSPAs
- X-Band 7.90 to 8.40 GHz
- Power Output to 500W
- Noise Figure 10 dB @ max. gain
High Power X-Band Outdoor SSPAs
The Paradise Datacom High Power Outdoor Series SSPAs represent the latest in High Power Microwave Amplifier Technology.
The SSPA package achieves the highest power density in the industry along with enhanced maintainability.
High Power Outdoor SSPA Features
- Extremely High Power Density:
- 600W S-Band
- 500W X-Band
- 600W C-Band
- 250W Ku Band
- Field Replaceable Subassemblies
- RF Output Sample Port (-40dBc)
- RF Gain Adjustment (20 dB)
- Built-in 1:1 Redundancy Control
All subassemblies are accessible and replaceable in the field. Local, front panel, control is available with a user friendly interface. A full compliment of serial and parallel (contact closure) control is also available via circular connectors.
A state of the art thermal platform provides efficient cooling for the amplifier module and power supplies. This ensures the highest possible MTBFs for microwave power amplifiers.
Along with high reliability comes the ultimate in amplifier maintainability. Amplifier modules and power supplies are easily accessed and removed, making this one of the easiest amplifier assemblies to maintain in the field.
Paradise Datacom offers C-, X-, and Ku-Band amplifiers with an integrated L-Band Block Up Converter. The L-Band units utilize Paradise Datacom’s proprietary ZBUC™ technology. The addition of a ZBUC to a High Power Outdoor SSPA typically increases the gain by 2-4 dB. The advantages of ZBUC technology include:
- ZBUC can detect and switch to an extenally supplied reference.
- Optional internal high stability (10MHz) reference.
- ZBUC can lock to an externally supplied reference of 5, 10, 20, 25, or 50 MHz without modification.
- ZBUC can accept a wide range of external reference power (-10dBm to +5 dBm)
- ZBUC can accept FSK monitor and control signal via the IFL for complete amplifer remote control.
|General Specifications for HPA 2000XW Series C-, X- and Ku-Bands|
|Gain Flatness (full band)||±1.0 dB|
|Gain Slope (per 40MHz )||±0.3 dB/40 MHz|
|Gain Variation vs. Temperature||-40°C to +60°C ±1.0 dB|
|Gain Adjustment (0.1 dB resolution )||20 dB|
|Intermodulation Distortion |
(3dB back off relative to P1dB)
(@ rated P1dB)
|Spurious (@ rated P1dB)||-70 dBc|
|Harmonics (@ rated P1dB-3dB)||-50 dBc|
|Noise Figure at maximum gain||10 dB|
|Group Delay (per 40 MHz segment)|
1.0 ns p-p
Rx Band (C- or Ku-Band)
Rx Band (X-Band)
-75 dBW/4 KHz
-150 dBW/4 KHz
-100 dBW/4 KHz
|Residual AM Noise|
0 - 10 KHz
10 KHz - 500 KHz
500 KHz - 1 MHz
-20 (1.25 + log F) dBc
|Phase Noise |
(Offset Freq from carrier)
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||21.0 x 27.95 x 13.5 inches|
533 x 710 x 343 mm
|Finish||Powder coat (white)|
|Operating Temperature (Ambient)||-40 to +60°C|
|Relative Humidity||100% (condensing)|
|Cooling System||Integrated forced air|
|See Datasheet for more specifications|
- Paradise Datacom High Power Outdoor SSPAs
- Paradise Datacom High Power Outdoor SSPA Operations Manual
- Paradise 1:1 High Power Outdoor System Mounting Kit Installation Manual
- Paradise 1:2 High Power Outdoor System Mounting Kit Installation Manual
- Paradise Redundant Outdoor SSPA Packages
- Paradise Phase Combined Outdoor SSPA Packages
- Paradise RCP2/FPRC Redundant System Controllers
- Paradise RCP2/FPRC Redundant System Controller Operations Manual
- Paradise RCPD-1100-LX Redundant Control Panel for Dual 1:1 Systems
- Paradise RCPD-1100-LX Control Panel Operations Manual