Paradise Datacom CRM Series 3RU Rack Mount C-Band SSPAs 20W - 300W
- C-Band 5.850 to 6.425 GHz
- Ext. C-Band 5.850 to 6.725 Ghz
- Palapa/Insat Band 6.425 to 7.025 GHz
- Output Power to 300W
3RU Compact Rack Mount Solid State Power Amplifiers
The Paradise Datacom Indoor, Compact Rack Mount (CRM) Series SSPAs represent the latest in High Power Microwave Amplifier Technology.
The SSPA chassis achieves the highest power density in the industry along with enhanced maintainability.
The power supply, fan trays and controller card connector plate are all removable for easy maintenance. At 24" deep, and only 3RU high, this chassis is perfect for SNG applications, or other configurations where rack space is at a premium.
The SSPA front panel features an easy-to-navigate display and menu structure. Dedicated LEDs are provided for alarm condition indication.
Paradise Datacom rack mount power amplifiers have a wide range of monitor and control functionality, including:
- RS232/485 (4-wire) serial communication
- Ethernet port supporting UDP, SNMP and web browser-based control
- Form C contacts for output monitor ports and opto-isolated input ports
- Free Windows M&C software
- Wide range of third party M&C drivers available
Paradise Datacom offers C-, X-, and Ku-Band amplifiers with an integrated L-Band Block Up Converter. The L-Band units utilize Paradise Datacom’s proprietary ZBUCTM technology. The addition of a ZBUC™ to a 3RU Rack Mountable SSPA typically increases the gain by 2-4 dB. The advantages of ZBUC technology include:
- ZBUC can detect and switch to an extenally supplied reference.
- Optional internal high stability (10MHz) reference.
- ZBUC can lock to an externally supplied reference of 5, 10, 20, 25, or 50 MHz without modification.
- ZBUC can accept a wide range of external reference power (-10dBm to +5 dBm)
- ZBUC can accept FSK monitor and control signal via the IFL for complete amplifer remote control.
3RU SSPA Front Panel With Redundant Power Supply Option
The combination of a separate +12 VDC output, fully redundant power supply is an excellent means of obtaining the ultimate system reliability.
The power supply is an N+1 redundant configuration meaning that there is one more power supply module available than is required to operate the SSPA. A failure of one power supply module will not take the amplifier off-the-air.
In addition, the power supply modules are removable from the front panel while in operation. There is never a need to remove the power supply chassis from the equipment rack. Weighing only 9 lbs. (4 kg.) and only 1 rack unit of cabinet space, the redundant power supply chassis is an excellent companion to the SSPA chassis.
The power supply has a single phase, universal AC input rating from 90-265 VAC, 46-63 Hz. It is power factor corrected to 0.99. Depending on the power requirements of the SSPA, the power supply is configured with two, three or four 1200W hot-swappable modules, each of which weighs 5 lbs. (2.3 kg).
|3RU SSPA Common Electrical Specifications|
|Gain (Adjustable Range)||55-75 dB|
|Gain Flatness||±1.0 dB|
|Gain Slope (per 40 MHz (C, X, Ku)||±0.3 dB/40 MHz|
|Gain Variation vs. Temperature||0°C to +50°C ±1.0 dB|
|Gain Adjustment Resolution||0.1 dB|
(3dB back off relative to P1dB)
(@ rated P1dB)
|Spurious ((@ rated P1dB))||-70 dBc|
|Harmonics (@ rated P1dB-3dB)||-50 dBc|
|Noise Figure at maximum gain||12 dB|
1.0 ns p-p
TX Band (S, C-, X- or Ku-Band)
RX Band (C- or Ku-Band)
RX Band (X-Band)
-75 dBW/4 KHz
-150 dBW/4 KHz
-100 dBW/4 KHz
|Residual AM Noise|
0 - 10 KHz
10 KHz - 500 KHz
500 KHz - 1 MHz
-20 (1.25 + log F) dBc
|Residual Phase Noise (offset Freq. from carrier)|
|Size (W x H x D)||19.0 x 5.22 x 24.13 in.|
483 x 133 x 613 mm
|Finish||Powder Coat (Gray)|
|Operating Temperature||-20 to +60°C|
|Relative Humidity||95% non-condensing|
|Cooling System||Forced Convection Air Cooling|
Front Panel - Intake
Rear Panel - Exhaust
|See Datasheet For C-Band Specifications|
- Paradise Datacom 3RU Compact Rack Mount SSPA Datasheet
- Paradise Datacom 3RU Compact Rack Mount SSPA Operation Manual
- Paradise Datacom RCP2-1000-RM Remote Control Panel for Rack Mount SSPAs
- Paradise Datacom Redundant Indoor Packaged SSPAs
- Paradise Datacom Phase Combined Indoor Rackmount SSPA Packages
- Paradise RCP2/FPRC Redundant System Controllers
- Paradise RCPD-1100-LX Redundant Control Panel for Dual 1:1 Systems
- Paradise RCPD-1100-LX Control Panel Operations Manual
- Paradise RCP2/FPRC Redundant System Controller Operations Manual