Paradise Datacom 6RU Rack Mount C-Band SSPAs
- C-Band 5.850 to 6.425 GHz
- Ext. C-Band 5.850 to 6.725 GHz or
- Ext. C-Band 5.750 to 6.670 GHz
- Output Power to 1000W
6RU Rack Mount C-Band SSPA
The Paradise Datacom Indoor High Power Rack Mount SSPAs represent the industry's highest power density and most reliable high power amplifier systems.
Paradise Datacom's Indoor, High Power Rack Mount (-R) series SSPAs represent the industry's highest power density and most reliable high power amplifier systems. These high power amplifiers are accompanied with a separate power supply chassis.
The power supply is configured as an N+1 redundant, hot swappable, power supply comprised of three modules. Only two modules are required to operate the HPA, therefore one module is redundant. In the event of a power supply module failure, the amplifier system will not fail. The module can then be changed without ever taking the HPA out of service. The microwave amplifier architecture is also designed for maximum soft fail redundancy.
The High Power Rack Mount SSPA employs a modular design, which allows quick and easy replacement in the event of a catastrophic failure of one of the SSPA components. These modular assemblies include: front and rear fan trays; and a rear panel controller card.
6RU SSPA Features
Paradise Datacom offers C-, X-, and Ku-Band amplifiers with an integrated L-Band Block Up Converter. The L-Band units utilize Paradise Datacom’s proprietary ZBUC™ technology. The addition of a ZBUC to a 6RU Rack Mountable SSPA typically increases the gain by 2-4 dB. The advantages of ZBUC technology include:
- ZBUC can detect and switch to an extenally supplied reference.
- Optional internal high stability (10MHz) reference.
- ZBUC can lock to an externally supplied reference of 5, 10, 20, 25, or 50 MHz without modification.
- ZBUC can accept a wide range of external reference power (-10dBm to +5 dBm)
- ZBUC can accept FSK monitor and control signal via the IFL for complete amplifer remote control.
Power Supply Options
The 6RU Chassis may be fitted with a variety of power supply options. The dual 1RU power supply configuration provides redundancy with all power levels; or may be used as a non -redundant supply by utilizing fewer power supply modules. The stand-alone 1RU power supply can be used to power the 750W C-Band or 400W Ku-Band chassis. The standard 3RU, three-module power supply offers redundancy for all power levels.
|6RU Rackmount SSPA Common Electrical Specifications|
|Gain (minimum)||75 dB|
|Gain Flatness (full band)||±1.0 dB|
|Gain Slope |
per 40 MHz
±0.3 dB/40 MHz
|Gain Variation vs. Temperature||0°C TO +55°C ±1.0 dB|
|Gain Adjustment (0.1 dB resolution)||20 dB|
(3dB back off relative to P1dB)
@ rated P1dB
|Spurious @ rated P1dB||-60 dBc|
@ rated P1dB-3dB
|Noise Figure at maximum gain||12 dB|
1.0 ns p-p
TX Band (S, C-, X- or Ku-Band
RX Band (C- or Ku-Band)
Rx Band (X-Band)
-75 dBW/4 KHz
-150 dBW/4 KHz
-100 dBW/4 KHz
|Residual AM Noise|
0 - 10 KHz
10 KHz - 500 KHz
500 KHz - 1 MHz
-20 dBc(1.25 + log F)
|Phase Noise||IESS -308/309 - 10 dB|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)|
Power Supply Chassis
19.0 x 10.47 x 30.0 inches
19.0 x 5.25 x 15.44 inches
Power Supply Chassis
50 (23) lbs.(kg)
|Operating Temperature||0 to +50° C Ambient|
|Relative Humidity||95% condensing|
|Cooling System||Integrated Forced air|
|See Datasheet for C-Band Specifications|
- Paradise Datacom 6RU Rack Mount SSPA Datasheet
- Paradise Datacom 6RU Rack Mount SSPA Operation Manual
- Paradise Datacom RCP2-1000-RM Remote Control Panel for Rack Mount SSPAs
- Paradise Datacom Redundant Indoor Packaged SSPAs
- Paradise Datacom Phase Combined Indoor Rackmount SSPA Packages
- Paradise RCP2/FPRC Redundant System Controllers
- Paradise RCPD-1100-LX Redundant Control Panel for Dual 1:1 Systems
- Paradise RCPD-1100-LX Control Panel Operations Manual
- Paradise RCP2/FPRC Redundant System Controller Operations Manual