Expand Networks Virtual Accelerator
- Instant deployment of WAN optimization
- Fits virtual infrastructure plans
- Shared hardware paradigm
- Leverages shared storage
Expand Networks Virtual Accelerator
Expand Networks has ceased operation and their products are no longer available. Please Contact one of our Sales Engineers for replacement products.
Today’s virtualized IT environments present the largest and most complex challenges to WAN optimization and application acceleration today. While delivering required optimization, appliance based solutions require additional hardware, management, and support. Expand’s industry leading WAN Acceleration technology is now delivered on a fully virtualized offering enabling you to join in with Datacenter and Branch Office virtual infrastructure plans.Expand Networks’ WAN Acceleration technology, recognized as the industry’s best at accelerating and ensuring wide-area network traffic performance, demonstrates a true understanding of the future IT environment by integrating their appliance software into the virtualized architectures of the future. Expand has risen to meet these new initiatives with future-focused technology that both integrates with and enables these environments.
Productivity and Performance
All Expand solutions are designed with productivity, cost reduction and simplicity in mind. For end users, productivity increases as application performance reliably improves.
By providing a simple and integrated solution, Expand enables IT to more efficiently manage the application infrastructure—reducing servers and other appliances while delivering a holistic network view.
Many WAN Optimization solutions tunnel between appliances, obfuscating information needed by monitoring solutions (e.g., NetFlow) or security implementations such as firewalls and ACLs. Expand optimizes traffic transparently without tunneling.
The Expand solution works with HSRP/VRRP and WCCP and maintains original protocol headers (IP, TCP, UDP, etc.), preserving investments in other systems relying on the accuracy of these headers.
All IP traffic
Many WAN Optimization solutions are focused on a portion of TCP-based traffic. Expand’s IP optimization engine not only optimizes non-TCP (UDP, etc.) traffic, but will also optimize the difficult interactive applications based on TCP such as Citrix, Terminal Services or RDP and Telnet.
THE EXPAND VIRTUAL ACCELERATOR DELIVERS
Six reasons to say YES to Expand
1. Comprehensive - Whether the WAN is used to connect file servers, email or business applications, Expand delivers a comprehensive approach to application and protocol acceleration.
2. Proven, Measurable Impact - Expand solutions consistently deliver bandwidth increases of 100% and 400% (with peaks over 1,000%).
3. Application-centric - Traditional optimization solutions are about the network — the Expand solution is about what really matters: the applications.
4. Transparent Operations - Expand’s solution optimizes traffic transparently without tunneling, simplifying integration into your networking infrastructure while also preserving investments in other systems.
5. All IP - Many WAN Optimization solutions narrowly focus on only a portion of TCP-based traffic. Expand optimizes non-TCP traffic (UDP, etc.), as well as difficult interactive applications such as Citrix and Terminal Services.
6. Microsoft Compliance - The Expand solution is part of the Microsoft Domain so it can strictly maintain all user and document security and controls while optimizing performance
Virtual Accelerator in the Datacenter
By leveraging the existing virtual IT infrastructure in the Datacenter, WAN Optimization can be deployed as a “virtual appliance”
Enable Complete High Availability at the Data Center with no additional licensing costs
Utilize VMtools to enable complete “warm cache” HA
Virtual Accelerator in the Branch Office
Repurpose the Branch Office Server
Integration into “exotic” and challenging environments
Virtual Accelerator & High Availability
HA With Immediate Warm Cache
Unlimited Datacenter Scaling
Ease of Management