AvL Technologies Model 1810K </br>1.8M Motorized Vehicle-Mount SNG Antenna
- 1.8M Carbon Fiber Reflector
- Frequency: Ku-band
- AZ/EL: Motorized AvL Cable Drive
- Polarization: Motorized Worm Gear
- Intelsat, FCC and Eutelsat Compliant
AvL 1810K 1.8M Carbon SNG Antenna
PRECISION TECHNOLOGY -
- Unique Roto-Lok® drive reduces backlash to nearly zero
- Largest aperture for SNG antenna allows analog transmission
- Lightweight design maximizes vehicle stability - weighs 300 lbs. and stows to 24"
- High-performance Ku-Band standard, C & X bands available
EXTRAORDINARY RELIABILITY - Never Miss A Shot
- Redundant cables with pre-loaded tension provide accurate positioning
- Servo-quality DC motors assure smooth operation when peaking antenna
- Easy-to-use manual hand cranks installed on all axis
- Fully automatic satellite locator with GPS and flux-gate optional
- Patented cable drive never needs maintenance or replacement
- Continual component lubrication and lifetime seals on bearings reduce wear to zero
- Extra weather protection for motors reduces moisture and extends life
- Lifetime warranty on all drive components
Emergency, Disaster Recovery, Remote Medicine
AvL vehicle mount antennas provide the dependability necessary to create communication networks in dire situations or remote locations where terrestrial networks have failed or do not exist. AvL antennas are already in use by, FEMA, National Guard and numerous state Emergency Response Units.
AvL vehicle mounted antennas are ideal for creating secure networks in remote locations and extreme environmental conditions. AvL products are proven in the field to be more reliable, more accurate, and more robust.
- Unequaled performance and reliability - there is none of the backlash and poor stability of which characterize the competitors.
- Single button operation does not require technically trained operators.
- Enhanced commercial applications, higher data rates, greater stability and superior pointing accuracy.
Low Cost of Ownership
- No requirement for an external laptop or PC
- No requirement for any special test or monitoring equipment
- No requirement for phone calls to network operators or satellite service providers
- Downloadable software upgrades
- Top quality support 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Standard one year warranty on electrical components and two years mechanical
Quality Components and Superior Designs
From quality design to manufacturing to customer service, AvL Technologies maintains the highest standards in the industry. Quality components and superior designs ensure maximum product life, low cost of ownership, higher data rates, and stability and pointing accuracy in addition to many other benefits.
AvL one button satellite acquisition antenna control systems provide fully automatic, modem independent, acquisition and tracking capabilities for rapid deployment. Satellites are typically acquired in less than five minutes.
Thanks to AvL's exclusive auto-acquisition technology, our products can be reliably operated by non-technical operators without any requirement for external test equipment or laptop.
Backlash Free Roto-Lock® Cable Drive
AvL's patented Roto-Lok® cable drive technology provides the ultimate in precision and stiffness compared to geared drive systems. It is a maintenance-free, dry mechanism, able to operate in a very wide range of difficult and hazardous conditions without degradation.
The cable drives are driven by a low backlash, gear box with DC motors. All drive components are high strength steel, housed in lifetime lubricated housings resulting in the most reliable, no maintenance system with minimum of weight. Learn more about the advantages of Roto-Lok®.
Hand Held Controller
The single button push controller simplifies deployment. The standard supply menu driven display panel is a one button auto-acquisition controller. These controllers can be used for auto operation or for performing custom configurations or operations.
Not Required For Operation
- Telephone Coordination
- Specialized Training or a Satellite Technician
- Laptop, PC, or Test equipment
Other Features Include
- 400 degree azimuth range
- Easily mounted on any form of transport using its integral optional vehicle mount pallet system
- Stows on command with one button push.
- Integrated electronic compass, GPS (Global Positioning System) and level sensing and automatic compensation and acquisition receiver.
- Automatic cross pol alignment, eliminates need to call NOC.
- Can be integrated with any industry modem and buc combination.
- Operate worldwide with all the major satellite international and domestic satellite operators and Internet service providers.
- COMPATIBLE - compatible with any satellite modem manufacturer or technology.
- Communicates directly with modem to provide GPS coordinates, enables/disables transmitter and checks modem status.
- Single button push stow
- Automatic stow when triggered by tilt or vehicle motion
- High stiffness zero backlash positioner for best high wind performance
- Fast reliable one button push auto-acquisition
- Unparalleled reliability
- Manual operation with hand cranks on each axis
- Worldwide customer support 24/7
- Pallet rail design
- Rotary Joints
1RU Rack Mount Panel
The menu driven 1RU rack mount power supply/controller is available as an optional upgrade. The controller can be used for auto operation or for performing custom configurations or operations.
BUC Mounting & Feed Boom Options
BUC's/ODU's can be accommodated on the feed or feed boom or inside vehicle.
A variety of cable lengths & termination options are available including bayonet or military types.
Extended Warranty & Spare Parts
In addition to 24 hour customer support, AvL provides a standard one year electrical warranty and two year mechanical warranty with each antenna. Extended warranty's are available, as well as a recommended spare parts kit for quick repairs while in the field.
SNG - Multiple Colors
Standard finish color is white. Custom color finishes and customer logos are also available to meet your branding needs.
Vehicle Mounting Kit Options
AvL vehicle mount antennas come with a vehicle frame mount. We offer an Adapter Kit for the Thule Bar Kit.
|MODEL 1810K AvL Carbon Fiber 1.8M Motorized Vehicular Antenna|
|Reflector||1.8 meter AvL Carbon-Fiber|
|Feed||Standard or Wideband|
|Optics||Offset, Prime Focus, .6 f/d|
|Az/El Drive System||Patented Roto-Lok® Positioner|
|Mount Geometry||Elevation over Azimuth|
|Polarization Adjustment||Rotation of Feed|
| Gain (Midband) |
| VSWR |
| Beamwidth (degrees)|
-3 dB (Optional Insat)
|First Sidelobe Level (Typical)|
|Radiation Pattern Compliance||FCC §25.209, ITU-R S.528.5|
|Antenna Noise Temperature||48° K at 10° Elevation|
|Polarization||Linear Orthogonal Standard, Optional Co-pol|
|Power Handling Capacity||1 KW at TX Port|
| Cross-Pol Isolation|
Off-Axis (within 1 dB BW)
|Feed Port Isolation - TX to RX||85 dB|
|Satellite System Compliance||FCC and PanAmSat|
|Standard||Three-axis Jog Control & Display with Auto-stow|
|Semi-automatic Operation|| Drive to calculated position based on operator entered|
vehicle location, heading, plus satellite (longitude or listed)
|Automatic Operation||Drive to calculated position based on auto GPS and Flux- Gate Compass data and satellite peaking with LNB signal|
|Auto-acquisition|| One-button acquisition of selected satellite including peaking and|
optimization of cross-pol (certified for autocommissioning on most
|Size||Two Rack Units for Semi-automatic & Automatic Controllers Single Rack Unit for Auto-acquisition|
|Input Power||110/240 VAC, 1 ph, 50/60 Hz, 8/4A peak, 1A continuous|
|Az/El Drive System||Patented Roto-Lok® Cable Drive System|
|Polarization Drive System||Non back-driving Worm Gear|
True elevation readout from calibrated inclinometer
0° to 90° of Reflector Boresight
Standard limits at 5° to 65° (CE Approval) or 5° to 90°
±95° for 2-port and 3-port Feeds
±50° for 2-port Wideband and 4-port feeds
|Motors||24V DC Variable Speed, Constant Torque|
| RF Interface|
Feed Boom or Rear of Reflector, or inside Truck
Twist-Flex or Rotary Joints
WR 75 Cover Flange at Interface Point
RG59 run from feed to base plus 25 ft. (8 m)
|Electrical Interface||25 ft. (8 m) Cable with Connectors for Controller|
|Manual Drive||Handcrank on Az and El Axii, Leads from 12VDC Pol Motor|
|Weight||300 lbs. (136 kgs)|
|Stowed Dimensions||104 L x 74 W x 22 H inches (263 L x 189 W x 56 H cm)|
65 mph (128 kmph)
100 mph (192 kmph)
45 mph (72 kmph), Gusts to 60 mph (97 kmph)
| Pointing Loss in Wind|
20 mph (32 kmph)
30 Gusting to 45 mph
0.1 dB RMS, 0.07 degrees Typical
0.5 dB RMS, 0.16 degrees Typical
+5° to 125°F (-15° to 52°C)
-40° to 140°F (-40° to 60°C)