AvL Technologies 2410C/Ku 2.4M Vehicle Mounted SNG Antenna
- Interchangeable C and Ku feeds
- 2-axis cable drive positioner
- Single piece carbon fiber reflector
- 3-axis Jog Controller with auto-stow
AvL 2410C/Ku Carbon Fiber Vehicle Mounted SNG Antenna
The AvL 2410C/Ku 2.4m C/Ku-Band SNG Motorized Vehicular Antenna includes:
- Quickly interchangeable C and Ku feed assemblies
- 2 axis AvL Cable Drive positioner 400° Az & 0-90° El
- 2.4 meter carbon fiber single piece reflector
- 2-Port Ku Precision Linear feed
- Limited function 3-Axis Jog Controller with auto-stow
- 25ft (8m) RG59 coax and Controller interconnect cables
PRECISION TECHNOLOGY - Advanced Performance
- Unique AvL Cable Drive cable drive reduces backlash to nearly zero
- Design accommodates electronics in truck or mounted on the feed boom
- Lightweight design maximizes vehicle stability
- Meets both USA and Panamsat satellite requirements
EXTRAORDINARY RELIABILITY - Never Miss a Shot
- Redundant cables with pre-loaded tension provide accurate positioning
- DC motors assure smooth operation when peaking antenna
- Fully automatic satellite locator with GPS and flux-gate optional
- Equipped with easy-to-use manual hand cranks on azimuth and elevation axii
MAXIMUM DURABILITY - Maintenance Free
- Patented AvL Cable Drive cable drive never needs maintenance or replacement
- Extra protection for motors eliminates moisture problems and guarantees long life
- No maintenance required on any drive components
- AvL one button satellite acquisition antenna control systems provide fully automatic, modem independent, acquisition and tracking capabilities for rapid deployment. Satellites are typically acquired in less than five minutes.
BACKLASH FREE ROTO-LOCK® CABLE DRIVE
AvL's patented Roto-Lok® cable drive technology provides the ultimate in precision and stiffness compared to geared drive systems. It is a maintenance-free, dry mechanism, able to operate in a very wide range of difficult and hazardous conditions without degradation.
The cable drives are driven by a low backlash, gear box with DC motors. All drive components are high strength steel, housed in lifetime lubricated housings resulting in the most reliable, no maintenance system with minimum of weight. Learn more about the advantages of Roto-Lok®.
Hand Held Controller
The single button push controller simplifies deployment. The standard supply menu driven display panel is a one button auto-acquisition controller. These controllers can be used for auto operation or for performing custom configurations or operations.
Not Required for Operation
- Telephone Coordination
- Specialized Training or a Satellite Technician
- Laptop, PC, or Test equipment
Other Features Include
- 400 degree azimuth range
- Easily mounted on any form of transport using its integral optional vehicle mount pallet system
- Stows on command with one button push.
- Integrated electronic compass, GPS (Global Positioning System) and level sensing and automatic compensation and acquisition receiver.
- Automatic cross pol alignment, eliminates need to call NOC.
- Can be integrated with any industry modem and buc combination.
- Operate worldwide with all the major satellite international and domestic satellite operators and Internet service providers.
- COMPATIBLE - compatible with any satellite modem manufacturer or technology.
- Communicates directly with modem to provide GPS coordinates, enables/disables transmitter and checks modem status.
- Single button push stow
- Automatic stow when triggered by tilt or vehicle motion
- High stiffness zero backlash positioner for best high wind performance
- Fast reliable one button push auto-acquisition
- Unparalleled reliability
- Manual operation with hand cranks on each axis
- Worldwide customer support 24/7
- Pallet rail design
- Rotary Joints
Emergency, Disaster Recovery, and Remote Medicine
AvL vehicle mount antennas provide the dependability necessary to create communication networks in dire situations or remote locations where terrestrial networks have failed or do not exist. AvL antennas are already in use by, FEMA, National Guard and numerous state Emergency Response Units.
AvL vehicle mounted antennas are ideal for creating secure networks in remote locations and extreme environmental conditions. AvL products are proven in the field to be more reliable, more accurate, and more robust.
- Unequaled performance and reliability - there is none of the backlash and poor stability of which characterize the competitors.
- Single button operation does not require technically trained operators.
- Enhanced commercial applications, higher data rates, greater stability and superior pointing accuracy.
Low Cost of Ownership
- No requirement for an external laptop or PC
- No requirement for any special test or monitoring equipment
- No requirement for phone calls to network operators or satellite service providers
- Downloadable software upgrades
- Top quality support 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Standard one year warranty on electrical components and two years mechanical
Quality Components and Superior Designs
From quality design to manufacturing to customer service, AvL Technologies maintains the highest standards in the industry. Quality components and superior designs ensure maximum product life, low cost of ownership, higher data rates, and stability and pointing accuracy in addition to many other benefits.
1RU Rack Mount Panel
The menu driven 1RU rack mount power supply/controller is available as an optional upgrade. The controller can be used for auto operation or for performing custom configurations or operations.
BUC Mounting & Feed Boom Options
BUC's/ODU's can be accommodated on the feed or feed boom or inside vehicle.
A variety of cable lengths & termination options are available including bayonet or military types.
SNG - Multiple Colors
Standard finish color is white. Custom color finishes and customer logos are also available to meet your branding needs.
Vehicle Mounting Kit Options
AvL vehicle mount antennas come with a vehicle frame mount. We offer an Adapter Kit for the Thule Bar Kit.
|MODEL 2410C/Ku AvL Carbon Fiber 2.4M Motorized Vehicular SNG Antenna|
|Reflector||2.4 meter AvL Carbon-Fiber|
|Feed||Quickly Interchangeable C-Band and Ku-Band Feeds|
|Optics||Offset, Prime Focus, .8 f/d|
|Az/El Drive System||Patented Roto-Lok® Positioner|
|Mount Geometry||Elevation over Azimuth|
|Polarization Adjustment||Rotation of Feed|
|Ku-Band Electrical (see Datasheet for C-Band Specifications)|
| Gain (Midband) |
| VSWR |
| Beamwidth (degrees)|
-3 dB (Optional Insat)
|First Sidelobe Level (Typical)|
|Radiation Pattern Compliance||FCC §25.209, ITU-R S.528.5|
|Antenna Noise Temperature||45° K at 10° Elevation|
|Polarization||Orthogonal std., Optional Co-pol (3-port) & 4-port|
|Power Handling Capacity||1KW per port|
| Cross-Pol Isolation|
Off-Axis (within 1 dB BW)
|Feed Port Isolation - TX to RX||75 dB|
|Satellite System Compliance||FCC, Intelsat, PanAmSat, SES Americom, etc.|
|Standard||Three-axis Jog Control & Display with Auto-stow|
|Semi-automatic Operation|| Drive to calculated position based on operator entered|
vehicle location, heading, plus satellite (longitude or listed)
|Automatic Operation||Drive to calculated position based on auto GPS and Flux- Gate Compass data and satellite peaking with LNB signal|
|Size||Two Rack Units for Semi-automatic & Automatic Controllers Single Rack Unit for Auto-acquisition|
|Input Power||110/240 VAC, 1 ph, 50/60 Hz, 10/5 A peak, 1A Continous|
|Az/El Drive System||Patented Roto-Lok® Cable Drive System|
|Polarization Drive System||Non back-driving Worm Gear|
400° with all 2-port and 4-port with HPA(s) on antenna,
270° Standard with 4-port and HPA(s) in Vehicle
True elevation readout from calibrated inclinometer
0° to 90° of Reflector Boresight
Standard limits at 5° to 65° (CE Approval) or 5° to 90°
±95° for 2-port and 3-port Feeds
±50° for 2-port Wideband and 4-port feeds
|Motors||24V DC Variable Speed, Constant Torque|
| RF Interface|
Feed Boom or Rear of Reflector, or inside Truck
Twist-Flex or Rotary Joints
WR 75 Cover Flange at Interface Point
RG59 run from feed to base plus 25 ft. (8 m)
|Electrical Interface||25 ft. (8 m) Cable with Connectors for Controller|
|Manual Drive||Handcrank on Az and El Axii, Leads from 12VDC Pol Motor|
|Weight||640 lbs. (290 kg)|
|Stowed Dimensions||137½ L x 96 W x 23 H inches (349 L x 244 W x 58 H cm)|
70 mph (113 kmph)
100 mph (161 kmph)
45 mph (72 kmph), Gusts to 60 mph (97 kmph)
| Pointing Loss in Wind|
20 mph (32 kmph)
30 Gusting to 45 mph
0.1 dB Typical
0.6 dB Typical
+5° to 125°F (-15° to 52°C)
-40° to 140°F (-40° to 60°C)